The Ultimate Guide to Dry Herb Vaporizers
So you've decided you'd like to own a Dry Herb Vaporizer.
Great! This is one of the best decisions you'll make in your life (we're totally not biased).
If you already know what you're looking for, click here to begin shopping around.
But chances are if you've landed on this guide, you're confused about the seemingly endless options for your herbal vaporization pleasures.
No worries! We're here to help.
First off, you should know the cliche is true: there is no "best" dry herb vaporizer.
There is however the best dry herb vaporizer for you, and this guide is designed to help you find it.
The Different Types of Dry Herb Vaporizers
There's three major different types of dry herb vaporizers that you should be aware of:
- Desktop Dry Herb Vaporizers
- Portable Dry Herb Vaporizers
- And Dry Herb Vape Pens (Herbal Pens)
The first two are pretty obvious.
Desktop vaporizers almost look like small kitchen appliances, and portable vaporizers vary in size, but they're all portable to an extent (no way)!
Dry herb vape pens are also technically portable vaporizers - but these are much smaller, sleeker devices designed with a certain user in mind.
Desktop Dry Herb Vaporizers
Desktop vaporizers come in many different varieties, but they all share the trait: they need to sit on a flat surface.
Depending on your lifestyle, this may be exactly what you're looking for, or it may not.
Let's take a look at the Pros and Cons of desktop vaporizers:
- They offer the highest quality vapor production, and the most
- They have large herb chambers or "bowls"
- They don't require any batteries or charging
- They're perfect for a group setting (think of all your friends sitting around a coffee table)
- They offer much greater temperature control (compared to portables)
- Many offer multiple ways of use, such as balloon bags, whips, and even water filtration
- Many desktop vaporizers can also vaporize waxes and concentrates
- They're bigger, heavier, and bulkier compared to portables
- They always need to be plugged in
- They're not very discreet (they usually make people ask "what's that!?")
- They're not portable!
Top 3 Desktop Dry Herb Vaporizers
If you know you want a desktop vaporizer, we'll make it easy for you. These are our current Top 3 recommended desktop vaporizers:
#1 - The Volcano by Storz & Bickel
The Volcano is a vaporizer pioneer and classic, and it's still relevant to this day as one of the best desktop vaporizers available, if not the best.
Its iconic balloon bag system is one of a kind, and it's also one of the few vaporizers to boast medical grade quality.
When you pair all of this with some of the best vapor quality in the industry, you can see why the Volcano continues to dominate to this day.
Click here to learn more about the Volcano.
#2 - The Cloud EVO by VapeXhale
The VapeXhale Cloud EVO is a hard-hitting, water tube compatible beast of a vaporizer.
Unlike the Volcano which uses balloon bags, the EVO uses a glass mouthpiece or optional "hydrotubes", which filter and cool your vapor just like a water pipe would.
This is the best option for people looking to replace their old smoking glass.
Click here to learn more about the VapeXhale Cloud EVO.
#3 - The Extreme Q by Arizer
The Arizer Extreme Q is a fantastic affordable desktop vaporizer that's unique in that it comes with a remote control for remote use.
It also comes with both a balloon bag system and a whip system, which is an incredible value at the price point.
Because of this It's hard to go wrong with the Q.
Click here to learn more about the Arizer Extreme Q.
Portable Dry Herb Vaporizers
There was once a time where Portable dry herb vaporizers were the new kids on the block.
But, slowly and surely they've pushed past desktop units as the most popular dry herb vaporizers used today.
Manufacturers are constantly pushing the envelope, and there's been a ton of innovation in the last few years.
Let's take a look at the Pros and Cons of Portable Vaporizers:
- They're portable!
- They're much more discrete than desktop vaporizers
- A cordless experience can be great even at home
- Some portables come with multiple, swap-able batteries for extended use
- They're perfect for on-the-go use (think of a nice walk on a sunny day, or vaping at a concert)
- Most portable vaporizers are not ideal for group use, as multiple users will drain the battery much faster, and the chamber will have to be refilled much more often (though there are some portables that are designed with groups in mind
- They don't produce as much vapor as their desktop counterparts, and the vapor is often of a lesser quality (though not always)
- Once your battery is drained, you won't be vaping until you can find the time and place to charge it (unless you carry multiple batteries)
Top 3 Portable Dry Herb Vaporizers
If you know you want a portable vaporizer, you can't go wrong with these three!
#1 - The PAX by Ploom
Chances are you've already heard of the PAX.
The PAX was one of the first true Portable Dry Herb Vaporizers to be released.
Thanks to its high quality, Apple-like construction, fantastic usability and vapor production, it's become the most successful portable dry herb vaporizer to date.
Click here to learn more about the PAX.
#2 - The Crafty by Storz & Bickel
Manufactured by the same company behind the legendary Volcano vaporizer, the Crafty is one of the few portable vaporizers that can produce desktop vaporizer-like vapor.
It's also pretty unique in that it offers an app that allows you to control the device via your smartphone.
It's not exactly cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Click here to learn more about the Crafty.
#3 - The Haze V3 by Haze
The Haze V3 hits a sweet spot in pricing, quality, and utility.
It comes with 2 swap-able batteries and a special charger that allows you to charge both at the same time.
It also features not one but two chambers that are compatible with dry herbs, waxes, and concentrates.
Click here to learn more about the Haze V3.
Dry Herb Vape Pens
Dry Herb Vape Pens are essentially smaller, sleeker, more discrete portable vaporizers - but because their form factor is so different, we think they deserve a category of their own.
Let's take a look at the Pros and Cons of dry herb vape pens:
- They're even more portable than "normal" portable vaporizers - this makes them the ideal for quick sessions on the go
- They're light and durable
- Generally quick and easy to use
- They're easy to slip in your pocket
- They're subtle and don't attract too much attention
- They can easily be mistaken for an "e-liquid" vape
- Most are very affordable
- Not all "herb pens" are true vaporizers, and just end up burning your material (but don't worry, we don't carry these lesser quality pens)
- They almost always have a shorter battery life
- Naturally, their herb chambers are small
Top 3 Dry Herb Vape Pens
#1 - The Boss by Atmos
The Atmos Boss was one of the first true dry herb vaporizers to come out with a pen-like casing, and it's still a best seller to this day.
It's heat up time is fast for an herbal vape pen, and it performs very well for its size.
Click here to learn more about the Atmos Boss.
#2 - The G Pen Herbal by Grenco Science
The G Pen Herbal was a follow up to the very successful G Pen lineup for concentrates, and it's turned out to be a great device.
It's a true dry herb vaporizer, so it's not supposed to burn your material. And at the price point, that's a great achievement.
Click here to learn more about the G Pen Herbal.
#3 - The Cloud Pen 3.0 by Cloud Pen
If you're looking for a dry herb pen that can also vape waxes and concentrates, the Cloud Pen 3.0 is worth looking at.
It's herb chamber is small, but if you value the utility of being able to vape almost any type of material, this might be your vape.
It comes with multiple atomizers right out of the box, so you don't have to worry about purchasing any extra accessories.
Click here to learn more about the Cloud Pen 3.0
As always - if you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to send us a message at sales[@]thaVapeShop[dot]com
We'll make sure you're taken care of, and who knows, maybe you'll even get a bonus for reaching out!
If you enjoyed this guide, please support us by sharing it on social media. Thank you!